KITTY SAVE EVENTS
The Charming Cat Corner
Vista Ridge Mall
Mon-Sat. 11:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m.
Sun. noon-5:00 p.m.
Kitty Save is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that relies on the generosity of its
volunteers, public support, and donations. We have no paid staff. Our reward is seeing our
wonderful creatures going home to their secure futures.
We have an adoption process in place that focuses on finding suitables homes for the
animals in our care. Our primary goal is to serve the best interests of the animals.
- Visit us at The Charming Cat Corner in Vista Ridge Mall of Lewisville where you can meet the kitties personally seven days a week.
- Browse the list of adoptable animals on our home page and contact us about any that interest you.
- You must complete an application and a legally binding contract which states what you must and must not do with the adopted cat. The contract
also makes any disclosures about the health and behavior of the cat.
If the application is approved, you submit a program fee which permits you to go forward with the adoption. We
offer a discount if you plan to adopt more than one cat.
Print and complete the following documents.
Application -- Complete the application. Do not omit any requested information. The application tells us about your family, home, household, and
experience with caring for domestic animals. If you believe that we seek information that is intrusive or you are unwilling to be thorough, our program is
not suitable for you.
Contract -- Complete the contract. Read and initial or check each point in the contract. This contract is legally binding. If you cannot agree
to all the points in the contract, our program is not suitable for you.
Our fee is $160.00. It is a program participation fee. Once you are approved for the program and for the cat you want, payment of this fee permits you to adopt that cat. You are not
buying; therefore, the cats are not products that come with guarantees. The fee applies to program participation, not to the cat. It is applied to support the program, not to offset the
costs of a particular cat. The overall costs on some cats can be over $1000. This fee is not negotiable. In addition, it is non-refundable.
As a gauge, consider the following:
- Office visit and exam: $45 each visit
- Feline viruses and heartworm test: $75
- Fecal test: $20
- Deworming: $12-30
- FVRCP (up to three): $20 each
- FeLV vaccination (two): $35 each
- Rabies vaccination: $20
- Spay/Neuter: $120/$100
- CapStar: $12
- Flea/Tick Preventative: $6/month
- Microchip: $50
The above does not take into account all the food and litter, plus any ear cleaning or medications for illness, infections, and other conditions. Your fee of $160
is a wonderful bargain that gives the adopted kitty a good start in its new life.
We require personal documentation.
- Your address on your drivers license must be current. Bring other proof of address, such as a utility bill in your name.
- Because of our post-adoption support and return poilicy, you must reside within the immediate Dallas area.
- If you rent, bring proof of a paid pet deposit, if such a deposit is required. If it is not required, bring proof from the landlord stating such.
Adoption consideration for an animal is generally on a first-come, first-served basis, with final decision based on application review. However, on occasion, we reserve
the right to accept applications for a specific cat for a specified period of time. We then make the decision for adoption based upon the
various applications, not first-come, first-served. We do not reserve animals for individuals.
About Our Adoptable Cats
After Your Adoption
After your adoption, we support you as follows:
- We provide information on low cost pet health insurance options plus 30 days of free pet health insurance to get you started.
- If you are local to your vet clinics, we offer a complementary medical visit with one of our participating veterinarians to be scheduled for within seven days of the adoption.
- We give you a free pet drug prescription card good at neighborhood pharmacies and good for any pet in your household.
- We conduct followup phone support and continue with you as needed but will not provide financial support.
- We perform year-end contact.
- We reserve the right to perform home visits for any reason and may require one prior to adoption.
- You are required to notify us of any address, employment, or telephone number change until the anniversary of the adoption. After that, post-adoption support
ceases, but we accept Kitty Save kitties you can no longer support.